High intensity interval training, or HIIT, is a workout that alternates between periods of intense bursts of activity and less-intense recovery stints or rest. From improving your overall cardiovascular health to working on your co-ordination, speed, power and strength, HIIT-based cardio classes are high energy and great fun.
HIIT workouts can come in many forms so it’s important to find a class that suits you and your goals. With that in mind, David Lloyd Clubs has recently launched an exclusive new cardio and strength HIIT class, IGN1TE.
What is IGN1TE?
IGN1TE is a choreographed cardio-based workout. Each class is designed to test your whole body as you kick, punch, jump, run and push yourself to the limit. Challenging and fun for all levels, IGN1TE is perfect for anyone looking for a high-energy cardio and strength workout that blends a range of athletic and martial arts-based movements. Add high-energy music and our motivating trainers, and you have a HIIT class like no other.
If you’ve already tried and love BLAZE, our full-body HIIT workout, IGN1TE is the perfect opportunity to mix up your routine and try something a little different.
How does an IGN1TE class work?
During a 30 or 45-minute IGN1TE class, your instructor will take you through a series of exercises, culminating in one final push that’s set to our signature AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) track to finish off the class. IGN1TE has three main training focuses: speed, strength and strike. Each class will incorporate the following key elements:
- Warm up: Introduces basic moves seen through the workout to warm up the muscles and increase the heart rate.
- Progressive cardio: Adds more impact and directional movements to start increasing intensity.
- Strike #1: Martial art-inspired movements which will continue to increase the heart rate. With more of a lower body focus, this is a great opportunity to condition the quads and glutes and get the legs fired up.
- Athletic HIIT: Your first heart rate peak – challenges the heart rate with explosive and powerful movements and short recovery phases.
- Strength & Conditioning: Improves muscular strength and endurance with a mixture of lower and upper body exercises that challenge the core. Designed to sculpt lean muscle.
- Agility & Power: Second cardio peak – spike the heart rate as you improve your agility, speed, and power. Reaction time and balance will also be tested.
- Strike #2: Second martial arts track – this time with more of an upper body focus to burn out the shoulders.
- AMRAP: Final peak – this AMRAP (as many reps/rounds as possible) section is all about testing your fitness levels and pushing yourself through repetition or time-based drills.
- Dynamic cooldown: Brings the heart rate down with a dynamic recovery involving flowing movements to keep the body active, help stretch muscles, and increase range of motion.
Not only is IGN1TE great for your overall cardiovascular health, but HIIT is the ideal workout to burn calories and increase endurance. Exclusive to David Lloyd Clubs, you can find IGN1TE classes at all David Lloyd Clubs across the UK.
IGN1TE classes are part of our range of fitness classes, designed to give you an intense workout that you’ll want to keep coming back to again and again.